- Application Programming Interface (API) is a set of Web Services interfaces for the exchange of mail delivery orders and the associated data with third-parties computer systems.
- For example, with EC-Ship API, your systems can communicate directly with EC-Ship system for performing specific operations, such as, creating posting items, generating address packs, calculating postage charges and tracing items.
- Your applications can automate the preparation and processing of mail delivery orders in meeting your business needs by using appropriate interface functions.
- EC-Ship/ Speedpost API is available to Hongkong Post customers free of charge.
Potential Users for API
e-Commerce providers and their partners are potential users of API in providing integrated services for their clients through interfacing their websites to EC-Ship or My Speedpost system. High volume mailers will be able to handle their postings with speed and efficiency.
Pre-requisites of Using EC-Ship API
Users of API must be familiar with Web Services and have / engage IT development resources to build your own interface programs.
If users would like to use EC-Ship API, they shall successfully complete the testing of their programmed interfaces at EC-Ship testing environment in accordance with our requirements.
If users would like to use Speedpost API, they shall successfully complete the testing of their programmed interfaces at My Speedpost testing environment.
We recommend users of to take a closer look into the products and services offered at EC-Ship/ Speedpost platform. A clear understanding of the features will also help you to get familiar with the API effectively. You may get more details below:
My Speedpost https://speedpost.hongkongpost.hk/mailing/soaz/login.jsp
Delivery Services Available Through Trackable API
Currently, Trackable API supports the following delivery services:
- e-Express Services
- Air/Surface Registered Mail
- Air/Surface Parcel Mail
- Speedpost (Standard Service)
- Smart Post
- Local CourierPost (Counter Collection)
- Local Parcel
Delivery Services Available Through Speedpost API
Currently, Speedpost API supports the following delivery services:
- Standard Service
- MultiPack Service
- Freight Service
- Next Flight Out Service
- EC Post Service
- Economy Express Service
Delivery Services Available Through (Bulk Mailing) Posting API
Currently, (Bulk Mailing) Posting API supports the following delivery services:
- Bulk Air Mail
- Direct Agent Bag
- Identical mails not less than 100 in number
- International Periodicals
- Lightweight Air Mail Items
- Lightweight Surface Mail Items
- Local Bulk Mail
- Local Periodicals
Delivery Services Available Through iMail Posting API
Currently, (iMail) Posting API supports the following delivery services: